Thursday, October 28, 2010

Presenting my Lesson

This week I presented my lesson regarding the five senses to the class, and I have to say I was a bit nervous during my presentation. The technology that I incorporated into my lesson was clip-art from Microsoft word, audio (song), and a power point presentation. My overall goal during my presentation was to get everyone involved in the lesson, and showing my classmates that learning should be fun. Since, my lesson was based on a kindergarten standard, I wanted my classmates to understand how important it is to keep these young kids active, and learning. I handed everyone out a cookie that was used to teach the five senses; the cookie allows students to have an object to related the five senses too, and allows students to build on background knowledge. For every sense (hear, taste, touch, smell, and sight) students would use the cookie to relate each of the five senses. I was unable to present my anticipatory set, which was a song on the five senses, because I was unable to bring school items off campus (work).I was very nervous presenting and I hope I did a good job, I hope that the class understood my lesson, and how I would incorporate technology to create a more creative lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment